Saturday, April 26, 2008

Not So Tiny Dancer

Molly started Ballet lessons at the rec center a few weeks ago. I think she has found her calling. She loves wearing a tutu and ballet slippers. She was so excited for her first class. I thought she did pretty well for a first timer. Our girls always seem to have their own agenda, but Molly did her best to pay attention to the teacher for the most part. It is a real challenge to sit behind the glass or on the side lines and not interceed when you think you're child is in need of a little redirection. I guess that's all a part of helping them gain independence. She is one of the tallest kids in the class. She seems so much older because of her size and her endless vocabulary. They started out with some stretches, then practiced a few moves. Molly's class went from 3:30-4:15. Madison had religious ed. classes at St. Charles at 4:00. I actually thought I could slip out to drop Madison off and get back in time to watch Molly for a few more minutes. Traffic was crazy and I barely made it back to Molly's class on time. It was an extremely stressful 30 minutes to say the least. I felt so guilty not being there to watch Molly the whole time. I am so conscience of the fact that Molly is the middle child. We spend so much time with activities and school work with Madison because she is older. And Mallory gets so much of our attention because she depends on us more and she is meeting mile stones every day. It's so important to me that Molly gets her fair share of attention and praise too. She is so smart and funny. She keeps us entertained constantly with her wit and charm. We get a kick out of her never ending ornery side. Even when we have to act disapproving:) It means so much to her to have her time in the spot light too. So with the help of a few great friends, I don't have to take Madison to St. Charles and I can watch the whole class. She is so animated! When Duane gets home from work, she has to show him all her new moves and tell him the names for each. You can't get much cuter than a blue eyed, blond haired little girl in a pink frilly tutu. Check out a few of her moves!

No comments: