Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Windmill Farm
















Our family really loves this time of year. We always try to take a trip to a farm. It' s a wonderful place to be with children in the fall. A few weekends ago Madison's Brownie troop headed to Windmill Farm for a hayride and some fall fun. The rest of us decided to tag along. It was a beautiful morning. The girls loved seeing the farm animals and snacking on popcorn and carmel apples. The hayride was pretty wild. We took off into the woods that was full of twists, turns, hills and mud pits. When I was about 8 1/2 months pregnant for Mallory we decided to have one last hurrah as a family of 4. We heard that Windmill Farm had a great hayride, so that's where we went. When we got in line for the hayride, I noticed several people staring at me. When we boarded the hay wagon, I got even more questioning stares. I thought to myself, I know I'm huge, but haven't these people ever seen a pregnant woman before. We'll it didn't take long to figure out why they were staring at me. They must have thought I was insane to go on that hayride! I had no idea how wild of a ride it was going to be. Lets just say, it was one of the roughest rides of my life. It was amazing that I didn't deliver Mallory right there in that hay wagon. Honestly, at that point, I don't know if I would have minded all that much. I was very ready for her to arrive. It was very serial looking at that almost 2 year old's smiling face taking that bumpy ride again sitting right next to me. The pictures are from our recent trip and the one a few years ago.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That first picture gave me a start - I was thinking is there something Amy has forgotten to tell me??

Amy said...

I'm still trying to convince myself that 3 is plenty. A fourth is definetly unlikely though. But you'd be one of the first to know:)