Saturday, October 10, 2009

October Birthday Celebrations!





































The week before Mallory's birthday, the swine flu hit our house. Madison had a confirmed case so we had to reschedule Mallory's party for the following weekend. Next Mallory and I ended up getting sick too. Unfortunately she was not feeling great on her birthday. But she hung in there enough to go to dinner at Applebee's and open her gifts and have some ice cream cake. By the following week, everyone was feeling much better and we were able to have a quaint, little tea party for her. Like always we were juggling schedules while in the process of preparing for her party. Madison and Duane were finishing up a soccer tournament while the rest of us were volunteering in the church nursery that morning. When we all got home we went straight into party mode. We were happy to have the Nels girls there along with our girls. Everyone picked out some dress up clothes and got fancied up with special make-up. Then we had ourselves a grand tea party. Afterwards everyone made a princess crown and spent the rest of the time playing. It was the most low stress birthday party I've ever carried out. I really enjoyed planning the party and transforming our dinning room into a tea room with odds and ends I found around the house. It was awesome! Everyone had fun and I could actually relax and enjoy the party myself. Mallory looked like the bell of the ball. It didn't matter to her if there were 5 kids or 50. She knew she was special and that was the most important thing. I can't believe my sweet, baby girl is 3! She's growing up so fast! We celebrated Duane's 37th birthday with a family dinner and carrot cake. It took me a year, but I finally managed to get him the bicycle helmet he has been wanting along with a few good books. Now a days the kids get all the bells and whistles:)

No comments: