Friday, August 22, 2008

Scott Family Reunion Weekend




We headed towards Cleveland a few weekends ago for the Scott Family reunion. Grandpa Scott's family is from the Cleveland area. We made a few pit stops along the way. Duane took Friday afternoon off and we stopped at Salt Fork Lake. Duane grew up skiing on this lake. I water skied there for the first time in his dad's boat when I was 15. It really meant a lot to Duane to spend time on that same lake with his own kids. It was another one of those full circle moments. We still have hopes of owning another boat in the future. We took a slightly longer route to Massillon so that we could stop at the lake on the way. We got there in the late afternoon and claimed a spot of the beach. Shortly after we got there, Duane's brother Dale showed up with his boat and part of the Scott crew. We took turns hanging out at the beach and skiing. It had been years since I skied. I can pop right up on two skis, but one ski is a different story. What a work out! I pretty much beat myself all over the lake and quit after my 25 try when I came up for about 5 seconds. Madison, Molly and Logan had fun tubing. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed the day. After a visit at my parents Friday night, we headed to Cleveland for the reunion on Saturday afternoon. The reunion was at a beautiful park very close to Lake Erie. We have a reunion every three years. It was funny to think that Molly was Mallory's age the last time we were there. We enjoyed lots of visiting, looking at pictures, great food and some games. We were happy that the kids had a chance to spend time with and get to know their extended family.

No comments: