Thursday, August 13, 2009

Meteor Shower


Last night we took the kids to Caesar's Creek to watch a meteor shower. It was a breath taking experience! I had never seen any thing like it before. We piled everyone in the car around 9:45 and stopped a Dairy Queen on the way, then we made our way to the lake. We wanted to get as far away from the city lights as possible. Mallory fell asleep on the way. When we got there we layed out our sleeping bags and blankets and got ready for the show. A minute after we layed down we saw a huge streak across the sky. The kids were in awe! I layed on that blanket cuddled up next to my family looking up at the star filled sky and had one of those moment where I felt so close to God. Life is so busy for us, that we just don't take enough time to slow down a little and truly appreciate this beautiful world that we live in and all that we have. I was surrounded by the most important things in my life, my wonderful husband and my three beautiful daughters. And no matter how life is going, I have that. I'm so blessed. If more people stopped and looked at the stars no and then, maybe the world would be a happier place. How can you look up at a sky like that and not know that there is a God? It certainly affirms it for me! We showed the girls the Milky Way and the Big Dipper. Molly informed us that it was called the Milky Way because it looked like some one spilled a big glass of milk all over the sky. They spent a lot of time making shapes by connecting the stars. Madison said she felt like a baby laying in a crib looking up at a huge mobile of stars. I thought that was pretty poetic:) We were lucky to see several meteors pass. There were a few really bright ones. Eventually Molly fell asleep cuddled up with Mallory. I knew there was a pretty good chance that we all could have fallen asleep there so we packed up for home. It was an awesome night!

No comments: