Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Fourth of July














































For the Fourth of July weekend we headed to Salt Fork lake to meet up with the Canton Scott's. Five minutes from the camp site we got a $120 speeding ticket. Not the ideal way to start off the holiday weekend. But we did the best we could to put it out of our minds. We set up camp next to Dale, Janet and Logan. The kids were in heaven. They loved every aspect of camping. The road their bikes around our campsite, made smores and ate a lot of great food. We sat around the fire at night and watch the little creatures creep out of the woods in search of our left overs. No Fourth of July is complete without sparklers. At night Madison would read us to sleep in our tent. The kids slept great. Duane and I had a slow leak in our mattress:( One the first night we took the kids for a swim at the lodged. The next day we spent at the beach. We got a little boat time that day. The kids got to tube a little. Mostly we hung out on the beach with Susan, Kathy and Jerry. Any time the kids are around water they are happy. The down side of the weekend was that Mallory was running a fever and was not feeling well. She spent a lot of time on my lap. Even though she didn't feel well, she was still a trooper. We were happy that the weather cooperated. No torrential downpours like our last camping trip. The great outdoors is great for a visit, my in my opinion, not for overnight. i just don't think I have it in me to be a happy camper! I still prefer a hotel if I'm not sleeping in my own bed. The things we do for our children:)

No comments: