Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer Camps

It was a big summer for Mallory!  She was finally old enough to go to camp with her big sisters.  In June we all went to bible camp at St. Charles.  I helped with phys. ed so I was able to see all three girls every day during camp.  It was an adventure.  I felt a bit like a fish out of water since it was the first time I helped with games.  Luckily there were a few people that have done it for many years so I just followed their lead.  It rained a few days so we had to be creative and come up with indoor activities on the spot.  But we managed.  In August the girls went to Hidden Meadows Day Camp at Grant Nature Park.  They look forward to it every summer.  Mallory enjoyed it just as much as her sisters.  They spent the week creek walking, doing crafts, hiking and playing games.  Madison found a HUGE snapping turtle on the first day.  After camp on the last day I had them show me around the creek.  We saw two snakes!  That cut the trip short for me.  They didn't skip a beat!  Mallory had a lot of fun during her first experiences with summer camps.  Madison and Molly enjoyed camp too.

No comments: