Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I woke up on Mother's Day morning to breakfast in bed. I had banana crunch pancakes. That's a house hold favorite. Duane makes the best pancakes. There was a red rose on my tray. Also one of my favorites. After I shared my breakfast in bed with Mallory (Bite! Bite!), we opened my special gifts. And they certainly were special. Madison painted a flower pot. She included seeds for us to plant flowers and a beautiful card. Molly decorated gardening gloves by making lady bugs with her thumbprint and red paint. Duane and Mallory gave me some perfume that I wanted and a home made card. Those are the best kind of cards. I have never been a happy crier. But on this day I was. I was so touched by all the love that went into those special gifts. I will cherish them always. Later that morning we all went to church. Madison and I went shopping and got our nails done. That evening we went out to dinner. Duane offered to cook, but I let him off the hook:) All day long I could tell that Madison and Molly were making an effort to be on their best behavior and to be helpful. I didn't do any cleaning, laundry or other chores all day. It was wonderful! Being a mom means always taking care of everyone else's needs and wants. This was one day that I got to take a turn being taken care of. It was rainy outside, but it was still a beautiful day to me:)

No comments: