Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day




We spent a good part of the holiday weekend working in the yard. It is such a huge job, but well worth it in the end. I was getting over a sinus infection, so Duane got stuck with the prep work. I hate pulling weeds! He cleaned the gutters out too. Poor guy:( The yard looks great and ready for summer. I am ready to spend lots of time out there. We finally had a warm, sunny day so we got the slip and slide out for the girls. They all three had a blast. Mallory laughed hysterically every time one of her sisters zoomed past. On Memorial Day we went to Delco Park in Kettering. Duane and Madison went on the dirt bike track. She had been anxiously awaiting this trip for weeks. Molly rode her bike around the pond while I pushed Mallory in the stroller. Duane played with the girls at the play ground for awhile so I could sneak in a brief walk. Later that day I stayed home so Mallory could nap and Duane took the two older girls to the pool. Another trip that was anxiously waited. I'm sure the water was a little on the chilly side, but the kids never seem to mind that much. We ended the day with a cook out. I appreciated having three daughters so much that day when I reminded myself of all of the mother who have said goodbye to their sons fighting over seas. I just can't image what they go through. I pray for their safe return and for peace for the families and the ones who don't come home. We are blessed to be here each day.

No comments: