Tuesday, May 27, 2008

In the classroom







This year I have had the chance to help out in both Madison and Molly's classrooms. I went to Madison's class about twice a month during the second half of the year to help with writing. I guess you just can't keep me out of a first grade classroom. It was great to see some of the similarities to my own classroom and I got a lot of great new ideas. I was invited to a volunteer tea at Madison's school a few weeks ago. Several classes performed for the volunteers. It was very sweet. I went to Molly's Valentine's party and visited her class a few other times. The kids in her class were happy to have another person to talk to and play with. It is so fun to see how anxious three and four year olds are to share things with you. They'll just plop right down in your lap like they've known you their entire lives. It was so interesting to see how they both interact at school. Like any kids, they seem to be on their best behavior with one of their parents in the room. They were both so excited to have me there. I was happy to have the chance to give them that special individual time. As parents we are so focused on how our own kids are behaving and developing that we can sometimes loose the big picture. It really helped to put things into perspective seeing the girls with other kids their ages. I was sad after leaving both of their classrooms on my last days to help out. Madison will be going to a new school next year for grades 2-5 and Molly will begin her second year of preschool. More milestones that have passes:( But there are many more to come.

No comments: