Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Grammy







Earlier this month we headed to Massillon to celebrate my Grandma's 83rd birthday. We had a cook out at her house with family and close friends. The day started out rainy and dreary. But the day ended with sunshine. The kids were soaking wet and covered in mud, but they had a blast. It reminded me of when my brother and I were kids and we would have family gatherings. We could entertain ourselves outside for hours with very little. I hadn't seen my grandma that happy in a long time. I know it gave her a lot of joy to have her family around her. It meant a lot to me too. I enjoyed being with my brother. I hope for more times like that. Quality family time together is so important. Life's too short. We gave my grandma a special musical jewelry box. It was significant because she has lots of jewelry and I used to love to look through all of it with her when I was a kid. Now my own daughters love to do the same thing with her. It was a bitter sweet day because my grandpa wasn't there to celebrate with us. But he was their in our hearts and in spirit. I am so grateful for all of the special memories I have of him and for the ones my own children are making now with our family and friends that mean so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is going on with the girls this June? I miss weekly updates on them!