Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Father Daughter Dance




My husband is such a wonderful father! For the past three years, he has gotten dressed up, worn uncomfortable shoes and danced the night away with his daughter at the Girls Scouts Father Daughter dance. While many dads stood on the side lines for most of the night, he spent 90% of the time dancing with his daughter. One of Duane's least favorite things to do is dance. But he did it for his little girl. They looked so adorable! Madison was in kindergarten the first time they went. She is growing up so much. Last year I got them each a corsage and a boutonniere. Duane said they got smashed with all the crazy dancing so we decided to skip the flowers this year. While they were at the dance Molly, Mallory and I had a pajama party. They deserved a special night too. Molly can't wait until next year when she is old enough to go. There will be no chance for Duane to escape the dance floor with two dates:) I'm sure he'll live up to the challenge. This was another one of those times that made me think back to when I was a sophomore wearing my boyfriend's senior letterman jacket at school. Now he's taking his oldest daughter to a father daughter dance! Certain experiences like that make me look back at where we started and appreciate this priceless journey that we are taking together.

1 comment: