Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving






















This year we hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner. Almost the entire Scott clan was here. It is a lot of work but very motivating when you are going to have a house full of people. There was not a drawer, cabinet or closet that I have not cleaned out over the past 3 weeks. We also updated lots of our pictures and added some new collages that I love. Duane patched a hole in the downstairs bathroom from when we had some plumbing work done over a year ago. We got so much done and it felt great! I made sure the girls felt included too. They had been talking for weeks about the "Big Thanksgiving Party" we were having at their house. They decorated place mats and treat bags and helped me make pumpkin bread. The house looked good but I had never laid my hands on a turkey before so I was under a lot of pressure. I had a lot to live up to. Duane's mom or Aunt Barb usually cook Thanksgiving dinner for his family and it's always over the top wonderful. My family is full of good cooks as well. Duane's aunt and uncle showed up just around the time we needed to get the bird in the oven. I had my hands up to my elbows in stuffing and really had no idea what I was doing. Aunt Barb came to the rescue. After we got the turkey in the oven we had a great time catching up. Thanks to Barb my new favorite drink is an appletini. By the time the rest of the family got there, we were full of spirits! When it was time for dinner everyone pitched in and we managed to have an outstanding dinner, if I do say so myself. At least I thought it was good. I told everyone to lie to my if it was bad. It definitely was a team effort. All of the kids got along so well. It was nice enough for them to play outside some. We had plenty of room. I think a good time was had by all. I know I had a great day. It was worth all the effort. I really enjoyed having everyone at our house for Thanksgiving! I know that this sounds totally clique, but getting my house ready and having our family here with us really made me reflect on how fortunate I am. I am so truly blessed and grateful. I tend to always look ahead at what comes next. But lately I have seen the importance of living today and stopping to smell the roses. Especially since times goes so fast and today is gone before you know it. I have so much to be thankful for! That includes everyone who read this:)

No comments: