Friday, December 26, 2008

Mostly Merry Christmas



































































I would love to say that we in the Scott house have had a picture perfect holiday season over the past few weeks. But in all honesty, it has been pretty rough on me! For the past four weeks someone in this house has been sick. This is the main reason I hate winter! It started with Molly having an upper respiratory infection. Then it moved on to me with bronchitis and a sinus infection. It took me almost two weeks to start feeling better. Then the stomach bug went from Madison to Molly and back to Madison again. I was amazed at how well the girls handled being sick. We had two trips to Massillon planned and had to rearrange our travel plans both times. Madison and I stayed home and Duane took the other girls so that they could have a family get together with the Scott's the first time. Hopefully we'll be able to make the second trip tomorrow if this stomach bug comes to an end. In the midst of taking care of sick kids and being sick myself, I still had to shop for gifts, wrap gifts, grocery shop, cook, bake and make ornaments in addition to my regular duties. Luckily we were all feeling well on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Even though I was faced with lots of disappoints and added stress, I was reminded of the true meaning of Christmas in church on Christmas Eve surrounded by my family. I woke up to a beautiful Christmas morning, in my home that I love with my family that I adore. The girls were so excited to open their gifts. They were so happy and grateful. We enjoyed being lazy all day and watching the girls play with their new toys. I love that over the past years we have been able to carry on many of our own family traditions with our girls and make many new traditions too. Although it has been a difficult few weeks, this time has also been filled with many joyful moments and wonderful memories! I hope everyone is happy and healthy during this holiday season.

No comments: