Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Years!


We had a great time ringing in the new year at home with some great friends. The Cloyd family spent the night. The kids played so well together and the grown-ups actually had a chance to have some spirits and catch up. Not to mention we didn't have to leave the house and everyone was in sweats. That's my kind of party! Funny how things change over the years:) The next day we put all the x-mas decorations away and had our tradition pork and sauerkraut dinner. I really get excited to put the holiday decorations out right after Thanksgiving. But I am usually really ready to put them away and get the new year started on Jan. 1st. I couldn't wait to get everyone back on a normal schedule. Like every start to the new year, I try to set some goals. To help myself improve my odds of following through, I thought I'd add a little pressure by writing in my blog for all to see and as a reminder to myself. So here it goes! This year I will "try"to:


1. stop biting my nails (I know...terrible habit)


2. eat healthier (probably the hardest one!)


3. add to my exercise plan a little


4. run more 5K's


5. take tennis lessons with my husband this summer (have wanted to do this for years)


6. go away for an entire weekend with my husband (with the help of a few willing babysitters:)


7. focus on my spiritual growth (I'm a work in progress)


8. have more patience and tolerance (especially in the most challenging situations)


9. smile more and focus on the positive (there is so much to smile about!)


10. stop to smell the roses (enjoy today more instead of worrying about what's to come)




I'm looking forward to another great year with wonderful family and friends. I have some hard goals but the journey will be worth it!








No comments: