Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Easter

We were excited to have family at our house for Easter this year.  We hosted Thanksgiving for Duane's family and now it was my turn.  We have enjoyed having the chance to host for the holidays this year.  The kids get so excited.  They think it's a party.  As always they were showered with gifts.  I appreciate how everyone makes them feel so special.  We had a small cook out on Saturday evening.  Then we colored eggs.  As I was telling them to be careful not to spill the dye, I knocked over an entire bowl of hot pink dye all over Mallory in her new, favorite Tinker Bell night gown!  She was not very pleased with me.  What a mess!  Believe it or not there were no stains.   The next morning the hunt began bright and early.  Madison was a great big sister.  She found Mallory's basket, but didn't spoil the surprise.  She gave her clues and helped her look for it.  The Easter Bunny was very good to the girls as always.  Their baskets were overflowing!  We all got ready for church which is no easy task with four girls on Easter Sunday.  But we managed to get out the door on time.  I was so proud sitting next to Duane and my three beautiful girls at church.  I felt so blessed!  When we got home from church the girls had an Easter egg hunt in the backyard.  It's amazing how excited they get over a little plastic egg!  We had beautiful weather.  We spent the rest of the afternoon preparing for the big feast.  I was grateful that my family was willing to travel to Centerville to share Easter with us.  I was especially happy to have Grammy here.  Traveling isn't easy for her, but she did it anyway for us.  Being surrounded by your family are the most precious times in our lives.  I cherish those times and I know my girls do too!

No comments: