Monday, August 2, 2010

Keeping Busy This Winter








We had a busy winter with lots of snow! A few weeks after Christmas we had a visit from Beth Brooke and Beth's friend Mike. The kids had a great time playing together and performing a show for us. it was fun to see the similarities between the girls. I wish we didn't live so far from them and had more time together. We were glad to celebrate Brooke's upcoming birthday with her while she was here.  We were happy to spend some time with Jennifer, our favorite babysitter, on her 18th birthday.  We had two winter carnivals, one at my school and one at John Hole. We did our share of volunteering and the kids enjoyed playing lots of games. Molly was invited to a birthday party at Boonshoft for her friend Quinn. I took the opportunity to spend the afternoon there with the other girls and Molly joined up with us after the party. The girls love the interactive play areas and the water play area. It's so much easier to take all three girls places by myself. I am really appreciating that. We had lots of snow this winter! On our snow days we watched movies, built forts, baked, did crafts and whatever else we could think of to keep us busy. We even managed to play outside in all that snow. We were disappointed that we didn't find time to go sledding. Molly's school had a science night. The kids enjoyed all the different hands on activities and experiments they got to do. Oobleck was a big hit! Madison played lots of indoor soccer and futsol to keep in shape for the spring soccer season. It was great for her team to have that experience. Of course we can't get enough puppy time. Jax is very loved! We dealt with our share of illness this winter. The stomach flu wiped out almost all of us except for Molly. We also had ear infections, strep and broncitits. Yuck! I've set a new goal for myself and the girls this winter. We spend lots of time doing special things as a family, which is so important. But I also think it's very important to give each of your children some individual time. Mallory is very easy to please. I have been making a point of setting aside time to just sit and play with her. One morning we set up the train tracks and made a town for her Littlest Pet Shop stuff. I volunteer in Molly's class one morning a month. The last time I was there I took her with me a few minutes early and we went to Caribou coffee and had tea together. I took Madison to the Greene for lunch and some shopping. She spent some of her birthday money on clothes. Then we decided to get pedicures. She LOVED it and I loved watching her. She said several times how much she liked having me all to herself. With our busy schedule, I'm going to work hard to stick to my dates with my daughters. I want them to know that they are each important to me and I cherish our alone time. We had a great winter, but we are all ready for spring!

No comments: