Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Memories
























































It's so hard to believe that summer is winding down and the school year is beginning! We made so many great memories over the past few months. We were on the go a lot! We spent a lot of time at our pool, Pleasant Hill. We had a chance to visit a great park in Oakwood called Orchardly Park. It was recently remodeled and they added so many fantastic things for the kids. There was a water play area, a sand play area and lots of playground equipment. I was thrilled with how much Mallory loved the sand. That meant we were in good shape for our upcoming trip to the beach. We also spent a day at Splash Moraine, which is a small water park less than 15 minutes from our house. The girls really love it there. My favorite part is the Lazy River:) I didn't spend nearly as much time in there as I would have liked. All three girls really loved the wave pool. We also visited Wegerzn Gardens, which is part of the Dayton Metro Parks. There is a pretend cave and water fall that the kids can play in and lots of places for the them to explore plants and nature. They have beautiful flowers all around. For the past few summers we have gone to a Bubble Blow Out at Activity Center Park in Centerville. I used to go to it every year with my daycare kids when I worked at DLC in college. Another one of those full circle things. There are lots of water related games and activities and at the end the fire department fills a field with bubbles and the kids can play in it. We went to Krispy Creme for breakfast one morning so the girls could see how they make the doughnuts. That was a treat for me as well:) Molly went to the Rec Center one morning a week for an art and swim camp and Madison went to a drop off program at the park at her school a few times too. I enjoyed having a little time alone with Mallory on those days. Grammy and Aunt Susan came for a visit. We enjoyed having them here. We have been on the go but I didn't feel like we were on a rigorous schedule like we do during the school year. Even though the girls are at various ages, they each enjoyed these different places and activities in their own ways. I was on my toes a lot, but it was all worth it. Nothing makes you happier than seeing your children happy.

1 comment:

aunt susan said...

I guess im a little behing on your blogs, enjoyed will comment later