Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Born


I can't believe that Madison is 7. It blows me away. She is so full of energy and enthusiasm. Most of the kids she plays with are boys. We think it's because of her athletic ability. Boys can keep up with her. She loves swimming, soccer and gymnastics. She looks just like her father but she is just like me on the inside through and through. We are constantly butting heads. I think it will only get more challenging the older she gets. We are both perfectionists. But we don't seem to see eye to eye on the best way to do things. I used to really want to teach in the school where my kids would go. I know now that it's better for her to have some space. She is a worrier and she is hard on herself. I hate that she inherited those things from me. But at least it gives me confidence that she will be driven. She has the most beautiful voice. She sings constantly and we love it. She writes detailed and creative stories that provide us with lots of entertainment. It thrills us that she is a reader. She has a kind and compassionate heart. Everyday when I look at Mallory, our youngest, I see Madison at that age all over again. It tugs at my heart that I'll never get that time in her life back again. We have learned with her that every phase of childhood wonderful, new experiences. I still can't believe she is a first grader!

No comments: