Monday, February 25, 2008

My Better Half


God was looking out for me over 17 years ago when I crossed paths with my husband. It took him a little longer to come to the realization, but I knew at first sight that I would be with him forever. He is so different from most men, as a husband and a father. Duane is an all around good guy. He is loyal, honest, positive, loving, humorous and motivated. The list goes on and on. It's been said that every father would like to have a son. But he is just the perfect dad for three little girls. Even though he grew up with three brothers, he knows just how to handle and respond to his daughters. He doesn't give a second thought to sitting down with Molly and playing "dollies", singing a song to Mallory or dancing for 2 hours straight with Madison at a father daughter dance. He is right there in the trenches with me everyday, helping with house work, taking the girls to their activities and dealing with all of his other responsibilities. I wouldn't be where I am today without him. He was such a positive influence on my life at a time when I needed it most. I am a different person today because of him. There are no words to express my appreciation or thanks for the gifts he has given me over the years. And I don't mean material things. I am proud and blessed to have him as my husband and I look forward to sharing every new day and experience with him.

2 comments:

aunt susan said...

Amy, God was loolking out for you and Duane, you two are a perfect fit. nuff said!

Anonymous said...

I'm the lucky one. No other way to say it.

Duane