Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Think Spring!


I'm am soooooo sick of winter! The snow days are nice, but I would trade them in a second for some warm sunny days. I have felt so claustrophobic lately. When we moved into our house I felt like we had so much room. After less than 3 years it seems like every space is taken up with some thing. I tore my entire house apart yesterday. I started organizing toys and books and sorting through things to donate and throw away. It makes no sense to me. We have a house full of toys that our kids don't play with. So I thought if I reorganized and moved some things around, they would become interested again. It's worked in the past. But so far all I have is a huge mess and a case of the jitters because I am surrounded by a mess that I can't see my way clear of! I know it will be worth it in the end. I would rather start spring cleaning now while we are stuck inside. This confirms how part time work really is the best thing for me. My days to work are Wednesday morning and all day Thursday and Friday. I absolutely love my schedule. Just like every Wednesday morning, I dreaded getting up and hustling the girls out the door. None of the Scott girls are morning people, myself included. This morning Madison said,"Gee mom, I must have been really good because you didn't even yell at me once this morning":) Like I said, mornings are not my best time of day. My nickname in college was "The Flash" because I would practically fly past my roomates out the door every morning. Anyone that knows me can attest to the fact that I am always late, especially in the morning. But at soon as I got to work, I felt refreshed and happy to be in the classroom. Now, by Friday afternoon, I'll be ready for the change of pace again:) I am so thankful for job sharing! I'll enjoy it all the more when my house is back in one piece and spring finally arrives.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Gee, I don't remember the lateness about you AT ALL. Working with you and Joey at the same time was nothing but a treat. :)