Sunday, February 24, 2008

What I Would Change About Me


The thing I would like to change the most about myself is I wish I could be relax more about life. When I am under a lot of stress, I seem to start snowballing things. This only makes me more stressed out. I'm my own worst enemy. I put so much pressure on myself. It has been a blessing and a curse all of my life. It has helped me accomplish goals I set for myself, but at the same time I am not able to stop and smell the roses enough. My husband always says that I am good at reflecting on myself, noticing my flaws and trying to fix them. I guess that's a good thing but it makes me too uptight. Any one that knows me can attest to the fact that I'm a control freak. I attribute this trait to the fact that I need to be in control of things because of the things that I could not control in my past. Having that control makes me feel safe and stable. The problem is there are so many things in life that I can't control. Particularly where my kids are concerned. It is so much pressure being a mom. I constantly worry whether or not I'm doing the right things for them. I want to show them how to smell the roses, not how to be a ball of stress. So I have been trying to make some positive changes. The first is I started exercising. Not as much as I would like, but I'm getting there. I'm working my way up to a diet (YUCK!) I think a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. Wish me luck! Starting this blog has been a great stress reliever too.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh, Amy, I could have written this blog entry. Why do we do this to ourselves?

Amy said...

After I read what I wrote, I told Duane "People are going to think I'm crazy!" You just made me feel normal:)